About the Role
What you'll do:
• Under general direction, develop sources, gather information, pitch stories and write news and features that are accurate, informative and balanced. Produces material — often investigative or long-form journalism — in a manner that meets the highest journalistic standards
• Produce compelling and urgent reports both live and in package form
• Use cutting edge and experimental story-telling techniques to communicate with the audience
• Work independently to generate finished news packages, including shooting, writing, tracking and editing
• Monitor upcoming news stories and develop coverage plans; stay abreast of news developments to generate story ideas and plan coverage effectively
• Develops a network of formal and informal sources throughout the community to help develop and write stories as well as providing background information
• Assist with live events as needed
• Work with internal teams to deliver reports tailored to their needs
• May be responsible for entire projects or functions where general guidance and training of less experienced professional and/or support personnel are needed
Come join a dynamic new national media powerhouse focused on the over-the-air TV consumer. The Scripps Networks ( a growing portfolio of entertainment and news networks ) provides absorbing entertainment and objective, intelligent news as we use our own distribution platforms to serve this unduplicated national audience. We meet the audience where it is with the programs it wants.
About the Company
The Reporter is responsible for researching, writing, capturing visual content and editing stories for multiple platforms. They will deliver fact-based, unbiased and contextual reporting to a variety of platforms within the organization. Help direct coverage by guiding the leadership team with expertise and insight.